i’ve been meaning to make this for a while ‘orz but here is a small tutorial on how to lift lineart from white backgrounds or scanned drawings using Photoshop. I think this method can work all the way back with ver 7.0 but i’m not sure. I’m using CS6 here.
How to Lift Lineart using Photoshop
1) load the piece that you want to lift lineart from.
2) invert your piece going to image > adjustments > invert or using the hot key ctrl+i (cmd+i)
3) now select all Select > All or ctrl+a (cmd+a) and then copy the image. Edit > Copy or crtl+c (cmd+c)
4) next go to your channels tab (if you don’t see it go to Window > Channels to show it). it should look something like this:
5) make a new channel. this channel will default be named Alpha 1. click Alpha 1 and paste your image. Edit > Paste or ctrl+v (cmd+v)
6) go back to your layers tab and create a new layer.
7) while on this new layer, go to Select > Load Selection.
8) in the drop down menu, select Alpha 1 and click OK. on your layer, a selection will appear of the lineart.
9) using the slection wand tool, right click on your image and choose fill and fill the lines with your desired colour. i chose black bc it’s easiest.
10) and viola! you have now lifted your lineart from the white background!!! you can now lock it and change it or whatever you want. c: this process works best with black lineart.
end! i hope that this will be helpful for you ;;v;; <3
Just one of those things that I always wondered about. Stags and otters are all very well, but what if you end up with a tiny chameleon or giant blue whale? I mean, it could be a giant tub of nutella…
Anyway, so glad I got around to doing this pic -drawing the less attractive animals was awesome.
Popped it up on Redbubble because they have tote bags and cushions now which is just wow - can grab it also on cards or posters - check it out here!
OMFG. THIS. SHOW.
What is this beautiful show, I must watch it.
YOU DESERVE AN AWARD AND DO U SEE KHAN WATCH HER AS SHE TURNS INTO A WARRIOR IM SCREAMING
Well sometimes I noticed my dwarf Dad tends to put rocks in his stew, so I figured it must not taste that bad…But now my teeth are gonna need a First Aid.
Lloyd failed at making sandwich: the adventure continues.